Updated May 2023
At AFT Pharmaceuticals, we use the “Privacy by Design” approach. This means that we think of privacy implications before building a new feature, we don’t ask for information we don’t need and we protect the information you provide us. We take pride in treating our user’s privacy the way we’d like to be treated as individuals if we were using a website like the AFT Pharmaceuticals shop.
Collection of your information
We collect Personal Information, as defined in the Privacy Act, when you access or use our Website.
The kinds of Personal Information we collect include your contact information such as your name, email address, organisation, address and phone or mobile number.
You can block or delete cookies and still be able to use the AFT Pharmaceuticals shop, although if you do you will then be asked for your username and password every time you log in to the Website. In order to take advantage of certain features of the Website, you may also choose to provide us with other personal information, such as your picture or personal website, but your decision to utilise these features and provide such data will always be voluntary.
We also use Google Analytics, which allows us to anonymously track the use of our Website by recording the number of users who have visited, the number of pages viewed, navigation patterns, what systems users have and the date and time of visits through cookies. This information is collected for statistical purposes only and cannot be used to identify you. Please see this link for how your data is collected and this link for instructions on how to opt-out of any Google Analytics data tracking.
You are able to view, change and remove your data associated with your profile.
Storage of Personal Information
We only share personal information you have provided to us where it is for the purpose it was collected and we have your consent, or one of the following apply:
- we believe it’s necessary to uphold the law; or
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues.
If you do not provide us with the required personal information, we may not be able to provide our Products to you.
AFT Pharmaceuticals is operated from New Zealand. If you are visiting the Website from outside of New Zealand, you agree to any processing of any personal information you provide to us according to this policy and the Privacy Act.
Where you have consented to receive emails or messages from the AFT Pharmaceuticals Shop, we may send you promotional emails relating to AFT Pharmaceuticals or communicate with you about your use of the AFT Pharmaceuticals Shop website. AFT Pharmaceuticals also uses technology to alert us via a confirmation email when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications. Our emails will contain an unsubscribe function if you no longer want to receive emails from our AFT Pharmaceuticals Shop.
How we use your Personal Information
- to provide you with information to provide you with AFT Pharmaceuticals Products;
- to communicate with you about the services or the Website;
- for provision of the Website;
- for analysis, monitoring, development and improvement of our Website, including other products or services;
- for security purposes, including to protect the Website and our property from abuse, fraud, malicious, unauthorised access or potentially illegal activities, and to protect our rights, safety and property and that of our other users;
- for sending marketing communications to you, including notifying you of promotional or advertising offers, contests and rewards, upcoming events and other news about products and services offered by us and use of our Website;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations where applicable;
- for the performance of other functions described at the time of collection or as consented to in relation to our Website;
- To process and fulfil your order, including sending emails and/ or text/SMS messages or alternative messaging apps to confirm your order status and delivery;
- To verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten your username or password;
- To verify your identity and account to assist you using Live Chat;
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, text/SMS, postal mail, social media, messaging apps, browser notifications or other means about our Products and promotions, where you have consented to receive such information;
- To show you promotions in Facebook, Instagram, Google and other social and advertising networks (please note you can amend your preferences on these sites to restrict these promotions, see the third party remarketing section below);
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences and personalise offers to you;
- To analyse trends and statistics;
- To improve or update our website and our Products;
- To protect the security or integrity of our website and our business;
- To respond to your enquiries and communicate with you if necessary; and
- To provide you with customer support and delivery updates.
We will not use your information for any other purpose unless legally required.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not share your personal information with any third parties unless it is reasonably related to the provision of our Website or services. Where possible, aggregated, anonymised data is periodically transmitted to external services to help us improve the Website and service. We also use social buttons provided by services like Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook. Your use of these third-party services is entirely optional. We are not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices of these third-party services, and you are responsible for reading and understanding these third-party services privacy policies.
Your Personal Information may be accessed by us, including our directors, employees, officers and contractors. You consent to us providing your Personal Information, including Sensitive Information to our Related Bodies Corporate (as defined in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth))
We employ and contract with people and other entities that perform certain tasks on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share personal information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
We may also share your Personal Information with third parties with your consent in a separate agreement, in connection with any company transaction (such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party) or in the event of bankruptcy, dissolution, divestiture or any related or similar proceedings.
Note that we reserve the right to share your Personal Information with other third parties where, in our sole discretion, it is required to:
- investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of AFT Pharmaceuticals Limited, its users or the public as required or permitted by law; and
- detect, prevent or otherwise address criminal (including fraud or stalking), security or technical issues.
When you visit our website with cookies enabled, we place a third-party cookie supplied by Google, Facebook or other partners onto your browser. While this cookie is completely anonymous in that it doesn't provide us or any third party with any personally identifiable information about you (e.g., your name or address), it does track certain things like how long you spent on our site, and which pages you did or didn't visit. This allows us to use ‘remarketing’ functionality to then deliver targeted advertising to you based on your behaviour whilst you were on our site.
For example, if you visited a particular product, we might use this information to display advertising to you promoting a special offer specific to this product. This advertising may be displayed to you as you browse other sites across the internet. This is possible because many websites participate in third-party advertising programmes, allowing them to use parts of their sites to display promotional messages from participating advertisers.
You may also see our advertisements on sites directly owned or controlled by Google, such as YouTube, or on Facebook.
To manage your Facebook preferences go to: www.facebook.com/ads/preferences.
We may also use personal identifiers (such as email address) to display our ads to you on Facebook where you have provided your consent for us to do so.
Website and Credit Card Security
We take website and credit card security extremely seriously.
AFT Pharmaceuticals endeavours to provide a safe and secure platform on which to conduct online transactions. Our Website uses the industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol, which encrypts your personal information as it is transmitted over the internet. This encryption scrambles details such as your password and address so that generally other computers are unable to decipher the information, ensuring privacy and security. To make sure you are accessing a secure server, check for a closed padlock symbol in your browser window. In current versions of the Chrome, Firefox and Edge browsers, this appears before the URL itself in the browser address bar. If this appears, then SSL is active. You can double check this by looking at the URL as well. If SSL is active, then the first characters of that line will read ‘https’ rather than just ‘http’. It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We comply with the Privacy Act by ensuring that all personal information is protected (as is reasonable in the circumstances) against unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or misuse. However, due to the nature of the Internet and email systems, we are unable to guarantee the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet. It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep your Personal Information safe, including keeping your software up to date to prevent security breaches.
AFT Pharmaceuticals may investigate or monitor a customer’s behaviour if it suspects that there may be fraudulent activity on their account. This may result in AFT Pharmaceuticals contacting a customer by email or telephone about their order to verify its validity or credit card information, before the order is dispatched.
Please ensure you sign out when you have finished visiting https://au-shop.aftpharm.com/, especially if you access our Website from a shared computer.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
When you click on links and banners on our site that take you to third party websites, you will be subject to the third party's privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, AFT Pharmaceuticals Ltd cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites.
We reserve the right to use all testimonials and product reviews we receive in our marketing and promotional material, both on and offline. If you don't want us to use you review, please let us know.
Access and changes to Personal Information
You may request access to Personal Information we hold about you at any time. We may refuse to provide access if the law allows us to do so, in which case we will provide reasons for our decision as required by law.
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up to date. If you discover that information held about you is incorrect, you may contact us to have the information deleted or corrected.
Please contact us at email@example.com to request access or amendment to any information.
AFT Pharmaceuticals Shop will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided we are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds. If we are unable to meet your request, we will let you know why.
All requests for access or corrections to your Personal Information and complaints should be directed to our Privacy Officer. If submitting a complaint, please provide our Privacy Officer with full details of your complaint and any supporting documentation:
- by contact form at https://au-shop.aftpharm.com/pages/contact-us
- by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by letter to The Privacy Officer, AFT Pharmaceuticals, P.O. Box 748, North Ryde NSW 1670.
If you are not satisfied with our handling of your complaint or we have not replied to you within a reasonable period of time, then you are entitled to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner